Betty Ann Cohen MD, MPH
Dr. Cohen’s training has included Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Toxicology, and other specialized topics that are important to her field, and she has consistently attended national and regional educational meetings so that she can stay current. She is a trained and certified Medical Review Officer and has eleven years of experience overseeing comprehensive drug screening programs.
Dr. Cohen is an active member of the Yakima Community Advisory Panel for the Center for Occupational Health Education (COHE) and is a Physician Mentor in the program. She is also on the Outside Advisory Committee for the Pacific Northwest Agricultural Safety and Health (PNASH) organization.
Dr. Cohen participates in the clinical training of physicians and nurse practitioners in the University of Washington Occupational and Environmental Health Programs, as well as Family Medicine residents from the Central Washington Family Medicine program in Yakima.
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, Boston, Massachusetts, Master of Public Health 1997 Occupational Medicine
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Doctor of Medicine 1985
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Chapel Hill, North Carolina , Bachelor of Science, Biology 1978
Residency and Trainings
- 1995-1999 : HARVARD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, Boston, Massachusetts, Department of Occupational Medicine, Residency in Occupational Medicine
- 1985-1988 : CARNEY HOSPITAL, Boston, Massachusetts, Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency, Transitional Internship
- 2010- Present – THE HEALTHY WORKER, Yakima, Washington, Private Practice Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- 2004-2010 – YAKIMA HMA PHYSICIAN MANAGEMENT CORP., CENTRAL WASHINGTON OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE, Yakima, Washington
- 1999-2004 – CAREGROUP OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NETWORK, Boston, Massachusetts
- 1998-1999 – MEDSITE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES, Quincy, Massachusetts, Occupational Medicine Physician
- 1992-1998 – SAINT ELIZABETH’S MEDICAL CENTER EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT, Boston, Massachusetts, Emergency Medicine Attending Physician
- 1992-1994 – SAINT ELIZABETH’S MEDICAL CENTER OCCUPATIONAL CLINIC, Boston, Massachusetts, Occupational Medicine Physician
- 1988-1997 – CARNEY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT, Boston, Massachusetts, Emergency Medicine Attending Physician
- 1991-1995 – CAMBRIDGE MEDICAL CONSULTANTS, Brookline, Massachusetts, Vice President of Marketing and Physician Consultant
- 1985-1988 – KRON MEDICAL, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Internal Medicine Physician (Locum Tenens)
Certifications and Licenses
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine (expired)
- Diplomate of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Certified Medical Review Officer
License(s): Washington State
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Physician Mentor, Center for Occupational Health and Education (COHE), Eastern Washington state.
Nawo Fiamo, ARNP
Nawo Fiamo was born and reared in Togo, a small nation in equatorial West Africa. He has been in the United States for the past 12 years. He first arrived as part of an African Dance Troup that travelled the country, but his thirst for education led him to settle in the Seattle area to pursue his passion for learning, which he soon focused on the medical field. He enjoys incorporating his interest in Preventive Medicine and Health Promotion into his work and hopes to develop programs for that and Travel Medicine.
- 2007–2010 – UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON, SEATTLE; Master of Nursing – Adult Nurse Practitioner Program
- 2007–2010 – UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON, SEATTLE; Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 2003–2005 – UNIVERSITY of WASHINGTON, SEATTLE; Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- 2001–2003 – BELLEVUE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, BELLEVUE, WA; Associate in Biological Science